COMMUNITY STAR COMPETITION
THE FINE PRINT (but big enough to actually read!)
Every competition needs a few rules, boring we know, but necessary...
'Community Star' Competition Terms and Conditions
- How to enter:
- To enter this competition, you must actively participate in our 7th birthday event: Design Cuts Live 2020 – by undertaking at least one, if not all 3, of the following actions:
- Show up - register and join as many of our live sessions as you can
- Speak out – join in conversations in the live chat during sessions, being helpful, asking questions and having nice things to say will all be recognised. Quality over quantity is the key here.
- Shout about and share information about the event via social media using the hashtag #designcutslive2020 and tagging @designcuts in your posts – this can be via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and/or Pinterest. There is no limit to your shares, but we’re looking for quality over quantity, no spammy posts please.
- Participants must be aged 18 years or over. This competition is not open to any employees of Design Cuts or any of our affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this competition.
- No purchase is necessary, however internet access is required.
- Competition Period: The competition will run from 00.00 BST on 5th October 2020 until 8.30 BST on 16th October 2020.
- Design cuts is offering participants the chance to win a brand new iPad Pro and be named Design Cuts ‘Community Star’, with a digital badge of honour provided, which the winner can use across their own mediums online, i.e. website, social media accounts, etc. There is one prize only to be won.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered. Design Cuts reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- How is the winner selected and notified:
- The winner will be selected from a review of all actions taking during the competition period by Design Cuts and judged on the quality of participation and activity the individual has brought to the Design Cuts community.
- The winner will be announced in the final hangout of Design Cuts Live 2020 with Tom Ross and Matt Slightham. The winner will also be notified by email and social media if they are not present in the final session. If a winner declines the prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize. If a winner fails to respond within 5 days of this initial contact, a replacement winner will be chosen from the participants. A winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- Depending on country of origin of the winning community star, the prize will either be sent via registered post to the address supplied within 2 weeks of notification and the winner will be required to sign to acknowledge receipt, or a digital amazon gift certificate for the iPad Pro will be given within 48hours, so the individual can order the iPad in their respective country removing the customs complications and delays. The decision of how the iPad will be gifted will be discussed with the winner and agreed.
- Design Cuts reserves the right to report any inappropriate or offensive posts on social media and to discount any actions where good community spirit is not shown. Design Cuts also have sole discretion, to discount participants it believes have been attempting to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the competition (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple social media accounts in different names in order to be considered multiple times).
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, Design Cuts reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition without prior notice.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Design Cuts, which are final in all matters relating to the competition. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Design Cuts decisions.
- Design Cuts does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected participation. Design Cuts does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third party intellectual property rights caused by community members participating in this promotion.
- Design Cuts and its associated partners will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, including any loss incurred as a result of any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other participants that is caused by:
- technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the competition;
- any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
- any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
- any other events beyond Design Cuts control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Apple, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Apple, Facebook, Instagram and any other social media platform do not bear any responsibility for this competition and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, entrants release Apple, Facebook, Instagram and any other social media platform from any liability whatsoever in connection with this competition. All information entrants provide when they enter the competition is provided to Design Cuts and not to Apple, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel.
- Design Cuts shall use entrants’ personal data for the purposes of carrying out the competition, and in the case of winner’s data, as set out in Design Cuts privacy notice available at https://www.designcuts.com/privacy-policy/ and further explained in the following paragraphs.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.