In today’s tutorial, we’re looking at 5 Illustrator layer hacks to help save on time. The products we’ll be using are found in the Design Cuts marketplace: 550+ Hand Drawn Illustrations by Zeppelin Graphics and Doodle Hearts Clip Art by Itty Bitty Paper Co.
We’ll show you how to:
1) Change the colour of a selection so that you can differentiate between that colour and the colour of your art
2) Make a stroked area around all the objects on a layer, so they’re treated as a single object
3) Locate single objects within the layers palette
4) Maintain the original layers of a document when copied onto a new document
5) Lock layers you want to leave untouched
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more great design tutorials and creative content.