- Our licence allows you to
- Use resources to create a free end product or product for sale
- Use resources within personal and contracted client projects
- Use resources in multiple projects
- But you can’t...
- Use resources on their own; not as part of a wider original design You must combine resources with other original design work and not use them as the primary integrity / design element within a design. Please see the resource specific FAQs for more details/exceptions. If unsure please do contact us.
- Redistribute, sublicense or share resources
- Resell resources as digital stock images/downloads You may not resell work created from our resources in a way that is seen to compete directly with the original product creator. E.g.: Downloading an illustration pack, combining the illustrations to create a new illustration and reselling this as a downloadable stock image.
- Use resources if the end clients annual revenue is more than $25 million USD per annum If you work for or are contracted by a company with an annual revenue in excess of this please do contact us and we will set up a bespoke licence to cover your needs.
Resource Specific Licensing Details
- Can I use them in e-books, online publications, and websites for personal use or one-time client projects?
- Can I use them stand alone for logos as long as they are for personal projects or an individual client?
- Can I use them stand alone to create printable items for sale such as birthday cards/posters if I provide my client with a flattened .PDF?
- Can I use them stand alone to create an original slogan/phrase for sale on items like mugs, t-shirts, tote bags, stickers, etc?
- Can I use them to create Word Art for personal projects or an individual client as long as they are being used as part of a wider design and not as a singular word?
- You must contact us if
- You would like to use this font within application design
- Can I use them to create graphic flattened alphabets, letterforms, digital alphabets (alphas), die-cut patterns or stencil designs?
- Can I create an editable logo template available for resale?
- Can I embed the font on a third party/Print on Demand website where third parties who are not licensed are able to work with the font?
- Can I use them to enhance my web design or print design work?
- Can I use them where they would be an integral part of game play in a gaming app?
- Can I use them as a primary illustration or logo mark for an organisation?
Mockup Templates & Scene Creators
- Can I use them as a visual template to showcase my original design?
- Can I use them to create a digital print to present my original design?
- Can I use them within a WordPress theme or website template, either as part of a flattened, wider design, or to showcase my branding using the mockup template, as filler content within the layout?
- Can I resell the individual items that make up the mock-up template/scene creator?
- Can I include isolated mockup templates or scene creator items within a WordPress theme or website template available for resale, wherein these items could be extracted in any way, and used by third parties?
- Can I use them as a background within my original design?
- Can I use them as an overlay within my original design?
- Can I use them to fill specific areas within my original design?
- Can I use them stand alone on items for resale such as iPhone cases, bags, t-shirts, etc.?
- Use photo on its own; not as part of a wider original designYou may use the photo on its own, there is no need to combine it with other original design elements; for instance, you may use it on a postcard or greetings card with no other design elements included, up to 125,000 products. If your project exceeds this, please contact us.
- Can I use the photo in a mobile application or electronic template for resale?
- Can I use the photo on print runs of items such as cards, stationery, stickers and other paper products?Our licence allows for a print run of up to 125,000 products. If your project exceeds this, please contact us
- Can I use the photo on runs of items such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, or other apparel, games, toys, entertainment goods like CDs or DVDs, framed or mounted artwork?Our licence allows for a run of up to 125,000 products. If your project exceeds this, please contact us
- Resell or redistribute resources as digital stock photo image/downloadsYou may not resell or redistribute photo images in a way that is seen to compete directly with the original product creator. E.g.: Reselling a photo as a downloadable stock photo or placing it on a free photo download website.
- Can I use the photo as a trademark or logo design?
- You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content. E.G.: You cannot create a painting based solely on licensed content and claim that you are the author.
- You may not use content in a pornographic, defamatory or another unlawful manner.
- Sensitive Use Disclaimer Required.If you use content that features models or property in connection with a subject that would be unflattering or unduly controversial to a reasonable person (for example, sexually transmitted diseases), you must indicate: (1) that the content is being used for illustrative purposes only, and (2) any person depicted in the content is a model. For example, you could say: “Stock photo. Posed by model.” No disclaimer is required for “editorial use only” content that is used in an editorial manner.
- Can I use resources for personal use to create designs and gifts for myself, family members and friends?
- Can I use resources to create commercial layouts for Scrapbook For Hire?
- Can I use resources to create posters, calendars, fine art prints etc?
- Can I distribute a kit of digital files that contain modified versions of your Design Cuts resources?
- Can I resell or distribute the resource 'as is'?
- Can I upload any derivative works to a stock image website?
- Can I sell/ give away any of the resources in their original format/ as provided by the designer?
- Can I use my Design Cuts resources for the purpose of promoting or creating other digital or paper scrapbooking kits for sale?
- Can I use them as a background within my original design?
- Can I use them as an overlay within my original design?
- Can I use them stand alone?
Vectors & Illustrations
- Can I use them to create a flattened, original design for use on Print on Demand websites? *please refer to FAQ’s for more details?
- Can I turn the vector/illustration into a repeating pattern, texture, icon or other design resources for resale in a new format?
- Can I provide my client with the source files? *see General FAQ’s for more details.
- Can I deconstruct the vector/illustration and resell the individual parts?
- Can I use a vector/illustration as a primary logo mark for an organisation? (The exception is logo creation kits, which are designed to help you craft logos. However, you cannot copyright these end logos, as the design elements are not unique to you)
- Can I use them stand alone to create original artwork for sale?
- Can I use them stand alone to create unique illustrations, including logos for sale on items like mugs, T-shirts, and posters etc?
- Can I copyright my end design, providing that I have used my brushes to create original artwork, and sold as a flattened end design?
- Can I use them to create hand-letting Word Art for personal projects or an individual client?
- Can I use them to create stamp brushes for resale?
- Can I use them to create clipart for sale?
- Can I create hand-lettered Word Art to sell en-masse?
Why is there an updated version of our extended licence?
As our community continues to grow, we are receiving more and more licensing queries. We want to ensure that you are totally comfortable and confident to work with your resources and know that you are properly licensed to do so. We hope that this EULA will answer any queries you may have but if it doesn’t, please contact us.
Does it affect my previous bundle purchases?
This EULA does not affect any of your previous purchases to this date. The EULA is in operation and applies to all Design Cuts bundles and marketplace products from February 18th 2016. Any bundle or store product purchased prior to this date is covered by our previous extended licence terms and conditions.
Will this updated EULA affect the price of my bundles?
Rest assured, we have no intention of raising prices on our bundles and shop products. We will continue to offer the best resources at the most accessible prices for our community.
Does this licence allow for multi-users?
All of our licences are single user licence only- meaning only one person can install them and use them. If you require a licence for a team, please contact us and we can organise a team licence for you – we simply charge the bundle or shop product price times the amount of licences you need.
What is a single user licence?
A single user licence means that only the person who has purchased the bundle or shop product is licensed to use the resources contained within the bundle/shop product. You are allowed to use these resources across 3 active devices as part of your licence.
What is meant by an original design?
An original design is a design where purchased resources are not used stand alone (except for fonts) but instead are combined with other resources, artwork or original design work, so that your purchased resources do not constitute the primary integrity of the design. If you are unsure of whether your design constitutes a ‘wider, original design’, please do contact us – we are happy to help.
Why is there a restriction in place if I am working with a large client?
All licences including extended licences need restrictions. It is common place for resources to be capped according to scale. These restrictions provide you, as the end user, with useful guidelines for your projects and also protect the designers and their work against large scale corporate use.
I am a small business owner/designer – how will this restriction affect me?
Ultimately it probably won’t. If you work for a small business and design an original product that will be sold as your product then this is covered by our licence, no matter how you distribute it.
However if you work for a large* company, or are contracted to design something for a large* company that will be sold as their product, campaign, etc., then you would require an additional large-scale use licence.
If you are in any doubt please contact us.
Example: If you create a calendar which you then sell through a large* department store, sharing the profits then you are covered by the EULA and do not require additional licensing.
However if the large department store asks you to create an original design calendar for them to sell and they keep the profits, you would be required to purchase additional licensing.
*defined as having annual revenue exceeding $25 million USD.
I want to exceed the limits within this licence – what can I do?
We recognise that some of our community members are involved in much larger projects. If you need to exceed the limits that our EULA allows for – please contact us and we can supply you with further information on purchasing an additional licence to allow for higher usage. This is quite normal when working with large corporations and companies, as large scale usage licences are common place for these types of businesses.
Can I sell my original designs on Print on Demand (P.O.D) websites?
You can definitely sell your original designs on P.O.D websites as long as you are selling a flattened design where the resources cannot be extracted by a third party. Fonts cannot be embedded or uploaded to any P.O.D website, as this would allow for third parties who had not purchased a licence to work with them. However, uploading original, flattened artwork (such as backgrounds, wedding invitation templates, etc.) and allowing third parties to add custom text using the P.O.D website’s standard font options is allowed.
What if I need to provide my client or printer with original source files?
You are allowed to provide your printer with source files for the sole purpose of printing your work, provided that once the printing has occurred, they will delete all files from their system.
You are not allowed to provide your clients with layered, source files. Instead they should be provided with final, flattened designs. If your client requires access to source files to make additional changes to your design, they will require a licence for themselves.
My query isn’t answered here – what should I do?
We are so sorry if we haven’t addressed your specific query in the EULA or in the FAQ’s. We are always open to expanding our licence for our community to ensure better clarity for all queries so please contact us with any questions or concerns.