Realistic FUR is the realistic brush set for painting animals or furries, original characters with fur, and other painted wooly and fluffy creatures.
The brushes depicting fur from the side view (brushes # 2, 3, and 8) have two options for each one: the left and right hair growth direction. Therefore, there are actually three more brushes in the set — 31.
■ You receive in the ZIP archive (40.7 Mb):
FUR_by_EldarZakirov.brushset— the file containing the FUR brushes for Procreate;
Realistic FUR for Procreate — some tips and notes.pdf — the PDF file containing some tips you see below to have them on hand;
■ Some useful tips and notes:
• Start coloring with a neutral, halftone local color, then shade it according to the volume and lighting, then add layers of the fur with colors a bit lighter than the underlying shading.
• Try placing basic shading with a less detailed brush, hard or soft, and then put the fur strands above, according to the form and lighting.
• See the video with the demonstration available at the link below.
Please don’t be confused by the fact that the video shows working in Photoshop: FUR brush sets and brush behavior in various software products, and working with them, I made identical.
• Then, put the fur strands above, according to the form and lighting.
• Make some areas deeper (darker) — shaded areas among strands near their roots — or set some light and highlight accents.
• Play also with layer and brush blending modes, such as Soft Light, Screen, Multiply, etc.
• Go from common to partial shapes: First, specify the main volumes, lights, and shadows, then go to detailing.
• In the end, I’d add some of the sharpest strands or hairs, maybe blur or darken some of the underlying strands, and light up some of the most visible, highlighted ones. Try to make some of them softer or sharper, darker or lighter in the finish or work, a kind of post-processing. Add some highlights.
• As said before, brushes # 2, 3, and 8 have two options for left and right hair growth direction.
Included in this set:
- 28 fur brushes
Zipped File Size: 43.5 MB
File Types Included: .BRUSHSET
Software compatibility: Procreate
Why Design Cuts is The Smart Choice For Designers
Huge savings when you buy two or more marketplace items
At no extra cost, covering commercial & products for resale! Click for details
Contact our friendly Customer Support Team at any time for help or advice
Our downloads don't expire! Download what you need, when you need it