By: Laura Worthington
Adorn is a welcoming family of typefaces! With a modern and sometimes quirky twist on the staid, almost corporate look of formal invitations, this family of lettering typefaces arms designers with a large number of faces that work harmoniously, despite the distinctiveness of each. Adorn offers seven display fonts, four script designs, monograms, ornaments, illustrations, banners, frames, and catchwords.
This font is perfect for anyone in the business of helping others celebrate life — florists, menu designers, landscapers, caterers, tailors, event planners. DIYers and designers will enjoy Adorn, too, for use in prints and drawings, quotes, invitations for gatherings, greeting cards, baby showers, gift cards, even wine bottles!
Included in this set:
• The jewel in the crown of this collection may be the three monogram design styles: Adorn Solo for one letter, Adorn Duo for a pair, and Adorn Trio for the classic three-letter monogram. Simply type in the lowercase letters and your monogram is finished.
Catchwords, Banners, Frames and Ornaments:
Adorn offers four noteworthy “Extra” fonts, though the creative professional will find them anything but superfluous: catchwords, banners, frames, and ornaments.
• 20 Adorn Catchwords
• 20 Adorn Banners, each with a mirrored image left and right element
• Adorn Frames is a highly customizable set of elements offering a multitude of approaches to creating frames of any width, height, and style.
• 130 Adorn Ornaments – unique ornamental illustrations.
Adorn’s script typefaces, using modern lettering with a cursive impression. Their common origins — the fountain pen and a singular design aesthetic—give them a cohesive look, one that carries the warmth of the human hand.
• Adorn Coronet’s script face exemplifies the Adorn spirit of both modernizing and personalizing typefaces. It’s crisp, angular, and straightforward; it adds a snappy yet subtle edginess, even a slight sense of masculinity. With 268 swashes and alternates.
• Adorn Pomander, is a whimsical font: light and airy. The uppercase letters, especially, break the rules of traditional classic calligraphy. With 390 swashes and alternates.
• Adorn Garland is a script face that runs along a different and somewhat “vintage” direction. With 166 swashes.
• Adorn Bouquet is at the other end of the spectrum with its naiveté, giddiness and intentional irregularity. With 240 swashes.
Adorn Sans Display Fonts:
• Adorn Sans Condensed bucks the template-derived wedding trend, given its modernity and informality. Brimming with whimsy and the eccentricities of the human touch, Condensed Sans also has contextual alternates with Ambi case letters— a distinctive feature not usually found in display fonts.
• Adorn Sans Expanded is a display font with warmth and hand wrought charm that works as an elegant replacement for formal type.
Adorn Serif Display Fonts:
• Adorn Copperplate has the sturdiness of the classic copperplates and continues their rich traditional sense of practicality and familiarity—yet with a more modern take.
• Adorn Engraved and Adorn Engraved Expanded are reminiscent of formal invitations popular in the past. Still, the sweet tail of the Q and the irregular qualities of the lines bring it into the twenty-first century.
• Adorn Serif and Slab Serif is available in Regular and Bold weights. Though these display fonts can also be used for body text, their uppercase mode shines, adding texture and style to a message.
• Adorn Roman is both a display and text typeface marked by its traditional calligraphic hand. It was created with a chisel-edged calligraphy pen, and even digitized it has the look of what a designer might create with a calligraphic tool.
While each font in the Adorn collection can stand alone, the particular combination of contrasting scripts, display fonts, Romans, and the multitude of stylized fonts in Adorn’s extraordinary toolkit makes each designer’s creation one of a kind.
Laura Worthington fonts have been specially coded so that almost anyone can access all of the swashes, alternates and ornaments without the need for professional design software.
Language Support: Albanian, Alsatian, Aragonese, Arapaho, Arrernte, Asturian, Aymara, Basque, Belarusian (Lacinka), Bislama, Breton, Cebuano, Chamorro, Cheyenne, Cimbrian, Corsican, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Faroese, Fijian, Finnish, French, French Creole (Saint Lucia), Frisian, Galician, Genoese, German, Gilbertese (Kiribati), Greenlandic, Haitian Creole, Hawaiian, Hiligaynon, Hmong, Hopi, Hungarian, Ibanag, Iloko (Ilokano), Indonesian, Interglossa (Glosa), Interlingua, Irish (Gaelic), Icelandic, Italian, Jèrriais, Kashubian, Ladin, Lojban, Lombard, Low Saxon, Luxembourgian, Malagasy, Malay (Latinized), Manx, Maori, Megleno-Romanian, Mohawk, Nahuatl, Norfolk/Pitcairnese, Northern Sotho (Pedi), Norwegian, Occitan, Oromo, Pangasinan, Papiamento, Piedmontese, Polish, Portuguese, Potawatomi, Rhaeto-Romance, Romansh (Rumantsch), Rotokas, Sami (Lule), Samoan, Sardinian (Sardu), Scots (Gaelic), Seychellois Creole (Seselwa), Shona, Sicilian, Slovak, Somali, Southern Ndebele, Southern Sotho (Sesotho), Spanish, Swahili, Swati/Swazi, Swedish, Tagalog (Filipino/Pilipino), Tahitian, Tausug, Tetum (Tetun), Tok Pisin, Tongan (Faka-Tonga), Tswana, Tuvaluan, Uyghur (Latinized), Veps, Volapük, Votic (Latinized), Walloon, Warlpiri, Xhosa, Yapese, Zulu
This product was originally featured in 20 Superior Quality, Versatile Font Families
- Desktop fonts only
- Adorn Monogram with 3 different weights
- Adorn Roman
- Adorn Sans with 2 different weights
- Adorn Script with 4 different weights
- Adorn Serif with 6 different weights
- Adorn Extras with 4 different weights
- International language support
- This resource includes our extended product license. Please see full license details here.
- File size is approx 9.8MB (21.9MB unzipped), offered as a single download.
Comments & Reviews