Dragstrip | Illustrator Brush Kit
By: Retro Supply Co
If you use Illustrator you’ve experienced the frustration of finding high quality Illustrator brushes.
Today I have something really special for you. It’s called the Dragstrip Illustrator Brush Kit. This set of brushes will make your vector work look like it was made with a paint brush.
Did I mention these brushes were created by Von Glitschka? The guy who literally wrote the book on using Illustrator (it’s called Vector Basic Training – if you haven’t read it grab it now, you’ll love it)!
Von’s has done incredible work for brands including Nike, Wendy’s, Capri Sun and he recently created the new Dungeons & Dragons brand!
In fact, Von’s work has made such an impact on the design world that some versions of Illustrator come loaded with his work as examples!
Included in this set:
• 26 diverse Illustrator brushes created using a Hake brush and black acrylics.
• 26 .TIFF versions of the brushes (so you can recreate them in Photoshop or use them as source material to build your own Illustrator brushes).
• Dragstrip Quick Reference Guide so you can quickly choose the perfect brush.
• Painterly and splatter texture overlays for adding realistic final touches to your work
• 2 pieces of professional quality reference artwork from Von Glitschka (so you can see exactly how he uses the brushes to achieve stunning results).
You’ve Got to See These Brushes in Action!
Take a look at the example images. Von’s included some amazing artwork showing just how realistic these Illustrator brushes look.
In fact, when Von first sent me the email artwork I couldn’t believe this was made in Illustrator! I was sure it was Photoshop. Until I opened the .AI file… then my mind was blown.
I asked Von how he suggests using the brushes and he had some great tips:
“You start with simple shapes that have a fill color and a matching stroke color. Then it’s all about experimenting by drawing other lines and applying brushes to them. If you deconstruct the usage sample files you can discern how I compiled the elements and how they work together to achieve the look and feel.”
“Controlling a brush comes down to the shapes of the path, picking a stroke color which sets the brush color, selecting size of path which determines stroke width, setting the opacity and using blend modes to interact with other colors and create the illusion of painting.”
Software compatibility: Adobe Illustrator CC and newer. Please note that backwards compatibility is no longer available for this product, due to Adobe no longer maintaining older versions.
This product has not been featured in a past deal.
Dragstrip | Illustrator Brush Kit $15
- 26 diverse Illustrator brushes created using a Hake brush and black acrylics.
- 26 .TIFF versions of the brushes (so you can recreate them in Photoshop or use them as source material to build your own Illustrator brushes).
- Dragstrip Quick Reference Guide so you can quickly choose the perfect brush.
- Painterly and splatter texture overlays for adding realistic final touches to your work
- 2 pieces of professional quality reference artwork from Von Glitschka (so you can see exactly how he uses the brushes to achieve stunning results).
- Software compatibility: Adobe Illustrator CS4, CS5 and CC. Please note this product no longer works with Adobe Illustrator CS6, as Adobe have stopped updating this version.
- This resource includes our extended product license. Please see full license details here.
- File size is approx 257.4MB (391.1MB unzipped), offered as a single download.
6 Lovely Comments from our Community: