Introducing a set of mosaic tile brushes 1600+ years in the making!
After a trip to Sicily, where I saw some stunning ancient Roman mosaics, it occurred to me that there was no tool which allowed Affinity Designer users to draw their own mosaic designs. On my return I set about making this complete of mosaic tile tool kit – it contains everything you need to create your own realistic looking fauxsaics.
In this pack I’ve captured the irregular, chipped edges of the original Roman source material (c. 4th century AD) allowing you to create stunning designs and illustrations with a sense of antiquity. However, the pack isn’t just for adding a vintage look – as you’ll see from the screen-shots you can use them to bring a unique twist to contemporary designs too.
In order to make the pack I studied loads of real mosaics and developed the brushes by re-creating a real Roman design – the bear image screen-shot.
Please note: Some of the example images were generated using the Illustrator version of the product. The overall effect varies very subtly from program to program. For more information on specifics please get in touch.
Included in this set:
- The Brushes – A variety of mosaic tile brushes, all sourced from genuine 1600+ year old material. A grout brush is also included – perfect for adding a rough edge to vector shapes. A Grout brush with an undulating edge is also supplied.
- The Pattern Styles – 6 authentic mosaic repeat patterns – perfect for backgrounds or for flooding areas with tiles quickly. Supplied as One-click Affinity styles.
- The Border Brushes – Add authentic looking borders to your mosaics. 6 Different designs supplied, each made using multiple brushes – simply layer them up to use.
- The Seamless Overlay Textures – 2 Stone textures and 2 grunge overlay textures – use these to flood areas quickly and add age and authenticity to your designs. The featured textures are seamless, so you can fill any sized area. Supplied as One-click Affinity styles.
- A quick reference PDF guide – This will help you quickly find the right brushes and styles for the task in hand.
- Example file – The Skull image has been supplied for you to backwards engineer.
- Instructions – A very thorough guide on how to load, apply and then adjust the brushes is supplied.
Zipped File Size: 71.3 MB
File Types Included: .AFDESIGN
Software compatibility: Affinity
This product has featured in The Affinity Lover’s Brush Kit
Why Design Cuts is The Smart Choice For Designers
Huge savings when you buy two or more marketplace items
At no extra cost, covering commercial & products for resale! Click for details
Contact our friendly Customer Support Team at any time for help or advice
Our downloads don't expire! Download what you need, when you need it