Paneuropa 1931™ is a faithful recreation of XX-century Polish classic, made by Idzikowski foundry in Warsaw, 1931.
Original Paneuropa was a renowned and highly popular typeface in XX-century Poland, and was widely used in all kinds of design, editorial use and printed materials for decades.
Paneuropa is a geometric, clean and versatile font family inspired by Paul Renner’s famous Futura – it is a bit narrower, with different proportions and details in drawing, completely different figures and punctuation shapes than Futura. It is an interesting and refreshing alternative to Futura with its own distinct personality and a subtle authentic vintage flavour.
Paneuropa 1931 contains separate styles for display and large sizes as well as styles for small text sizes – differing in spacing and the softness of letterforms. The family features an original Paneuropa Double font – a beautiful inline style for headlines and display use.
The Original Pack set is available for purchase and it contains solely the original Paneuropa styles (Thin, Regular, Bold, Text Regular, Text Italic, Double).
Paneuropa 1931 characteristics:
– letter shapes and proportions are very faithful to the original, keeping its idiosycrasies and inconsistencies
– spacing and kerning are carefully adjusted in order to achieve the colour of the original fonts, keeping maximum possible consistency – a compromise between authentic vintage feel and legible consistent text colour (for hardcore users: just turn off the kerning)
– weights precisely matching the original (Thin, Regular, Bold, Text Regular, Text Italic, Double)
– italic angle faithful to the original (8 degrees)
– softened corners help achieving the character of old imprecise printed
– display styles for big sizes are sharper and have tight spacing, text styles have softer shapes (recreating small print imperfect print) and broader spacing for use in paragraph text (spacing in both display and text styles matches the original as well)
– original style names in Polish for devices with Polish set as their primary language
The family is very versatile. The Inline style as well as bold and thin weights are perfect for headlines and display use, other styles works wonderfully as paragraph text.
Paneuropa 1931 consists of 6 fonts – 3 display weights + 1 text weight with corresponding italics + 1 inline style. It has extended support for latin languages, as well as broad number of OpenType features, such as case sensitive forms, fractions, superscript and subscript, ordinals, currencies and symbols.
Included in this set:
- Classic typeface recreated most truly to its original
- 6 styles (6 .otf fonts)
- Versatile set - 3 display, 1 inline + 2 text fonts
- Pure retro-modernist vibe
Zipped File Size: 484.5 KB
File Types Included: OTF
Supported Languages: Central/Eastern Europe, English, Western Europe
Paneuropa 1931 – Original Pack
Extended Licence Included for personal & commercial projects
Professional Support from our helpful team
Why Design Cuts is The Smart Choice For Designers
Huge savings when you buy two or more marketplace items
At no extra cost, covering commercial & products for resale! Click for details
Contact our friendly Customer Support Team at any time for help or advice
Our downloads don't expire! Download what you need, when you need it
Be the first to review “Paneuropa 1931 – Original Pack”