RetroPress makes it easy and fun to add an authentic retro printing press look to your designs. Just select your artwork, click a RetroPress action and you have a retro look in seconds.
RetroPress includes these useful actions:
• Ink Viscosity – Ink soaks into paper and spreads based on how thick it is. That’s called viscosity and it’s essential to achieving a realistic print effect. RetroPress gives you three viscosity actions (light, medium, and heavy).
• Roughness – Look at a printed newspaper or magazine from the 1950s really close. You’ll see the edges of the ink aren’t smooth but have a slightly rough edge. This subtle touch is often missed when designers try to create a retro print effect. RetroPress includes 3 roughness settings.
• Ink Texture – When ink soaks into paper, it flows over the small paper fibres and pools in-between. This creates a subtle texture. With RetroPress you get an easy to use action that lets you adjust the intensity as you see fit.
• Halftone – Back in the day you’d find halftone printing everywhere (images created from small dots). RetroPress gives you an authentic halftone effect in black ink and color.
Included in this set:
• 3 Ink Viscosity Actions
• 3 Roughness Actions
• 1 Ink Texture effect with adjustable intensity.
• 3 Black Ink Halftone Effects
• 1 FREE Bonus Color Halftone Effect
• Tutorial video documenting my workflow for using the actions.
Note: RetroPress was designed to create a retro newsprint effect. It’s recommended that you use it on one colour artwork. Results will vary on multicoloured artwork.
Software requirements: Adobe Photoshop CS4 and newer.
This product was originally featured in The Complete Vintage Designer’s Kit (1000s of Best Selling Items)
The Smart Choice For Designers
50% Off if you buy five or more marketplace items
Our downloads don’t expire, download what you need when you need it
At no extra cost covering commercial & products for resale
click for details
Contact our friendly Customer Support Team at any time for help or advice