RetroPress makes it easy and fun to add an authentic retro printing press look to your designs. Just select your artwork, click a RetroPress action and you have a retro look in seconds.
RetroPress includes these useful actions:
• Ink Viscosity – Ink soaks into paper and spreads based on how thick it is. That’s called viscosity and it’s essential to achieving a realistic print effect. RetroPress gives you three viscosity actions (light, medium, and heavy).
• Roughness – Look at a printed newspaper or magazine from the 1950s really close. You’ll see the edges of the ink aren’t smooth but have a slightly rough edge. This subtle touch is often missed when designers try to create a retro print effect. RetroPress includes 3 roughness settings.
• Ink Texture – When ink soaks into paper, it flows over the small paper fibres and pools in-between. This creates a subtle texture. With RetroPress you get an easy to use action that lets you adjust the intensity as you see fit.
• Halftone – Back in the day you’d find halftone printing everywhere (images created from small dots). RetroPress gives you an authentic halftone effect in black ink and color.
Included in this set:
• 3 Ink Viscosity Actions
• 3 Roughness Actions
• 1 Ink Texture effect with adjustable intensity.
• 3 Black Ink Halftone Effects
• 1 FREE Bonus Color Halftone Effect
• Tutorial video documenting my workflow for using the actions.
Note: RetroPress was designed to create a retro newsprint effect. It’s recommended that you use it on one colour artwork. Results will vary on multicoloured artwork.
Software requirements: Adobe Photoshop CS4 and newer.
This product was originally featured in The Complete Vintage Designer’s Kit (1000s of Best Selling Items)
The Smart Choice For Designers
Huge savings when you buy two or more marketplace items
Our downloads don’t expire, download what you need when you need it
At no extra cost covering commercial & products for resale
click for details
Contact our friendly Customer Support Team at any time for help or advice