Introducing Watercolor 2020 – a lean and intuitive set of watercolor brushes developed for Procreate 5!
Behaves like real watercolor! Press harder to apply more pigment, or a lighter touch for a more watery stroke that picks up colors underneath. You can even tilt the brush to blend out hard edges, without even lifting the pen!
No stamp brushes.
No complicated instructions.
Only a small handful of easy-to-use brushes, jam-packed with features that allow you to move pigment around and mix colors in real time. Other watercolor brush packs require the use of dozens (even hundreds) of confusing brushes that require way too much learning. We’ve worked extra hard to program tons of natural behavior and versatility into these brushes so you can worry less about the tools and more about your art! Works great with our Handmade Papers!
Some general tips for these brushes:
These brushes will look best on a layer set to multiply blend mode, with a paper texture layer underneath.
For the Big Huge Mop, when doing backgrounds, I find it helpful to press harder in some spots and lighter in others to get a nice dynamic look. If the edges start to look too hard, simply tilt the pen down and gently wash them out.
The colors will blend together on the same layer, but for a “glazed” look, add a new layer and set it to “multiply” blend mode.
An authentic watercolor look is all about feeling “loose”. Go crazy! Let the colors fly. Let there be some hard edges and some soft.
Included in this set:
- Watercolor Gold Round: The classic standard, this is a medium weight traditional round brush with fairly blunt tips and less edge-turbulence. Like the other brushes, press hard to put down more pigment, or a lighter touch for a watery stroke that picks up color and can blend out edges. For extra blending power, tilt the brush at a lower angle.
- Watercolor Gold Sable: Behaves similarly to Gold Round, but has a sharper tip and is capable of blowing up to much larger sizes with extra pressure, useful for super dynamic mark making.
- Big Huge Mop: This brush is amazing for big huge washes of color, and has some gorgeous watercolor edges. Tilt lower for super dilution power! This can be thought of as the “wettest” brush. Perfect for backgrounds, underpaintings and glazes.
- Water Liner: Sometimes you need a super fine line, and this is for that! Retains all the watery-goodness of the other brushes, but specially made to work with a finer crisp line.
- WC Paper (white On Top Layer): This is a paper grain brush, very helpful for “bringing it all together”! If you find spots looking a little flat, set your color to white and color them in on a new top layer just for paper grain texture.
Zipped File Size: 33.6 MB
File Types Included: .BRUSHSET
Software compatibility: Procreate
This product has not been featured in a past deal.
The Smart Choice For Designers
50% Off if you buy five or more marketplace items
Our downloads don’t expire, download what you need when you need it
At no extra cost covering commercial & products for resale
click for details
Contact our friendly Customer Support Team at any time for help or advice