THE FINE PRINT (but big enough to actually read!)
Every competition needs a few rules, boring we know, but necessary...
'Springtime' Competition Terms and Conditions
- How to enter:
- To enter this competition, you must:
- Use your design skills and a Design Cuts product/s to create a design that sums up Springtime for you - whether it’s a spring animal, flower, quote or something else - as long as it’s original and ‘springy’ it counts!
- Submit your design and the name of the Design Cuts product/s you used by midday (BST) 28th April 2023.
- Post your design entry along with the name of the pack/s you used into the Design Cuts Community Hub competition area, by midday (BST) 28th April 2023. Feel free to also share your entry on Facebook or Instagram and tag @DesignCuts #DesignCutsSpringtime. When you post feel free to share a little about your inspiration and your process too!
- If you have not already joined the Community Hub you can do so with your Design Cuts login and simply access it via the ‘Community’ tab in the top navigation bar of designcuts.com.
- The winner will be emailed directly and announced within the Community Hub on the afternoon (BST) of the 28th April.
- Participants must be aged 16 years or over. This competition is not open to any employees of Design Cuts or their families.
- No purchase is necessary.
- ONLY 1 ENTRY PER INDIVIDUAL
- By submitting an entry the participant is agreeing for Design Cuts to use that entry in the further promotion of the competition in any way they see fit.
- To enter this competition, you must:
- Competition Period: The competition will run from 00.00 BST on 24th March 2023 until 12pm BST on 28th April.
- Design cuts is offering participants the chance to win a $200 Design Cuts Voucher. There is one prize only to be won.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered. Design Cuts reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- How is the winner selected and notified:
- The winner will be selected from a review of all submissions during the competition period by Design Cuts and judged by the Design Cuts Design Team.
- The winner will be announced in the Design Cuts community hub on 28th April. The winner will also be notified by email. If a winner fails to respond within 1 month of the initial contact, a replacement winner will be chosen from the participants. A winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- Design Cuts reserves the right to report any inappropriate or offensive posts on social media and to discount any actions where good community spirit is not shown. Design Cuts also have sole discretion, to discount participants it believes have been attempting to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the competition (including, without limitation, by entering various submissions under different names).
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, Design Cuts reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition without prior notice.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Design Cuts, which are final in all matters relating to the competition. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Design Cuts decisions.
- Design Cuts does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected participation. Design Cuts does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third party intellectual property rights caused by community members participating in this promotion.
- Design Cuts and its associated partners will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, including any loss incurred as a result of any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other participants that is caused by:
- technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the competition;
- any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
- any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
- any other events beyond Design Cuts control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Circle, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Circle, Facebook, Instagram and any other social media platform do not bear any responsibility for this competition and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, entrants release Circle, Facebook, Instagram and any other social media platform from any liability whatsoever in connection with this competition. All information entrants provide when they enter the competition is provided to Design Cuts and not to Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel.
- Design Cuts shall use entrants’ personal data for the purposes of carrying out the competition, and in the case of winner’s data, as set out in Design Cuts privacy notice available at https://www.designcuts.com/privacy-policy/ and further explained in the following paragraphs.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.