Our very talented tutorial writer Pam is sadly leaving us to focus on other professional pursuits. Pam’s done an amazing job inspiring the Design Cuts community with her beautiful tutorials, and we’ll really miss her!
This means that a new position has opened up on our team.
We’re looking for a talented designer to join our tutorial team.
Rather than posting a traditional job ad, we’ve put together a quick video (see below) outlining this new position. We’re also very keen to work with a Design Cutter within our community, and so wanted to reach out to you guys first.
- This is a remote position, and so you can work from home.
- We are looking for a very creative, specific style of work. Please do take the time to explore our tutorial archive to see the types of outcomes that we love to share.
How to apply:
To apply as our new tutorial designer simply drop us an email at email@example.com.
We’d love to know the following:
- How you found us, and how your experience of Design Cuts has been so far.
- Why you think you’d be a great fit for the role and for our team.
- Any relevant links to your online portfolio or tutorial/digital work.
Here are some qualities we’re looking for in this role:
- A keen interest and talent in digital design (primarily Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
- An interest in teaching and helping others to expand their own knowledge.
- A fun, informal, but helpful and thorough tone of writing.
- You should be constantly inspired to create original, engaging works of art. We like to give a very broad brief for each tutorial, and let you use your talent and imagination to produce a beautiful final outcome.
- You should be able to regularly work to a set schedule, and turn around work fairly rapidly, and to a very high standard.
- You should have impeccable English spelling and grammar, and a keen attention to detail.
- A knowledge of very basic html is preferred (to assist with formatting).
Important details about the role:
- This is a part time role, but we very much want you to feel part of our awesome team :)
- We pay $250 per tutorial, and will generally publish 2-3 tutorials per month.
- If this role goes well, there is scope for additional creative work with us.
In a nutshell, we’re simply looking to get to know you a little better, and get a conversation going.
How to apply:
PLEASE NOTE: This role has now been filled. Many thanks to everyone for your applications, our community is such a talented bunch, it makes us happy :).
– Tom, Matt, Darren, Tina, Carol, Edita and Ben (The Design Cuts Team. Aka the Creative Geeks).